Got questions? We're here to help!
- Will donors get a tax receipt?
- What if I’m selling a product or running an auction and a tax receipt is requested?
- What do I do with any cheques or cash that I receive?
- How do I enter offline gifts (ie. cash & cheque) to my personal page via My Fundraiser?
- I'm trying to submit donations of my donors using one credit card but after a few attempts the credit card is blocked. Why is this happening?
- How can I receive a duplicate copy of my tax receipt?
- How can I change the name and the address on the tax receipt?
- Is it possible to make a donation to another person or team via My Fundraiser?
- How do I make a donation online to a person or team?
- In filling out the Gift Information form, what is the difference between the Recognition Name and the Billing Info Name?
- How do I sign in to My Fundraiser?
- How do I personalize the email templates and send out to my contacts through My Fundraiser?
- I forgot my username and password. How do I find this information?
- How do I recover email contacts and personal page contents from previous years?
- Why am I not receiving emails sent from My Fundraiser?
- How do I import contacts into My Fundraiser?
- How do I change my personal goal through My Fundraiser?
- How do I change my team goal through My Fundraiser?
- Can I register my name for two different fundraisers at once?
- When I register, can I give my fundraiser a unique name instead of using my own name?
- I would like to fundraise, but I'm not sure where to start.
Yes! Tax receipts are issued for donations over $10 or more.
This is where things get a bit more complicated, as the Canada Revenue Agency has strict guidelines about what does and doesn’t qualify for a charitable tax receipt. Because ensuring compliance with all of these regulations can be challenging, we have chosen to issue tax receipts only for donations made to Compassion. If an individual is receiving some benefit from their action—for example, winning an item in an auction or purchasing a product—the purchaser will not receive a tax receipt.
Please send the funds raised to:
P.O. Box 5591
London, ON N6A 5G8
If you’ve received your donations in cash, we recommend either sending a bank draft or personal cheque for the total amount you’ve raised.
To enter offline gifts (i.e., cash & cheque):
- Login to My Fundraiser
- For cash & cheque donations, go to the section titled "Me", under "Personal Donations", select "Add"
- On the "Enter new gift" page, enter donor information.
- Note: Check the box "Additional gift entry fields" to input mailing address.
I'm trying to submit donations of my donors using one credit card but after a few attempts the credit card is blocked. Why is this happening?
For security reasons, credit cards will be blocked on occasion if our system notices unusual activity surrounding the transaction. Unusual activity includes, but is not limited to:
- Information entered on the donation form does not match the info found on the billing details of the credit card
- Multiple successful transactions have been made within short time window (usually a few minutes)
- Multiple failed transactions have been made from the same IP address
To confirm if your credit card has been blocked, contact the Compassion Canada office.
Assuming that the email address you entered when submitting the donation online is correct, you will automatically receive a tax receipt attached to an email shortly after completing the donation online.
Please contact the Compassion Canada office to update the information on your tax receipt.
Yes! To do this, go to the homepage and click the “Donate” button. Enter the person's first and last names and click on “Search” to find the individual's name you would like to donate to.
You can donate to individuals or teams by clicking the “Donate” button on your event site. Once clicked, you will be presented with an option to search for the person or team that you would like to donate to.
In filling out the Gift Information form, what is the difference between the Recognition Name and the Billing Info Name?
The Billing Info Name should be the name that appears on the payment method being used and is the name that will appear on the tax receipt (ex. John Smith). The Recognition Name is the name that appears on the person's honour roll (ex. Dad).
Follow these steps to login to My Fundraiser:
- Click the login button which is located at the top right corner of the page you are visiting.
- Enter your username and password. You will be directed to your My Fundraiser once you are logged in.
To send out a personalized email via My Fundraiser:
- Login to My Fundraiser. Click the "Email" tab, click the "Compose" button.
- Select the appropriate email template from the dropdown list that appears on screen. Click "Next".
- Edit the templated message to personalize it. A link to your personal fundraising page will automatically be included at the bottom of each message when it is sent.
- Choose an email layout.
- When you are finished editing your message, click "Next" to select your recipients and/or import your contacts.
- After you've selected your recipients, click "Next" to see a preview of your message and click "Send".
If you have forgotten your username, click on Forgot your username?
Email contacts and personal page updates are carried over from previous years. However, you need to ensure that you are logging in with the same username as previous years.
It is possible that you have opted out of receiving My Fundraiser email messages. To confirm this, please contact the Compassion Canada office.
To import contacts from an external service provider:
- Login to My Fundraiser.
- Click "Email" tab.
- Click "Contacts" button.
- Click "Import Contacts" button.
- Follow the onscreen instructions provided to complete the process of importing contacts.
- Login to My Fundraiser.
- Go to "Your Fundraising Progress", select "Edit Goal"
- Enter the new goal and save.
You have to be a Team Captain to change your team goal.
- Login to My Fundraiser.
- Select My Team
- Team Progress - Edit Goal
- Enter new team goal and save.
Your email address can only be used once to create a fundraiser or join a team. You will need to use a different email address if you are creating or joining additional fundraisers.
Please register your fundraiser using your own first and last name. You may change the title on your “Personal Page” from “Welcome to My Personal Page” to your own unique title. Feel free to also use a photo of your choosing.
The Volunteer Network team will be happy to coach and encourage you in your fundraising efforts. We have a lot of ideas to share so please reach out to us at email@example.com or give us a call!